I created this dish one morning at the end of the pay period when we were out of a number of staples. I didn’t have any flours or milks on hand, so pancakes and custard were out. I wasn’t in the mood for another breakfast of plain eggs, and I probably wouldn’t have been able to convince the children to eat them anyway. Instead I mixed up a little of this and that and discovered this surprisingly versatile little recipe.
5 large eggs
1 c mashed banana (227 g)
⅓ c coconut oil
½ t salt
- Puree together all ingredients until smooth
- Spoon 2 T batter onto ungreased griddle over med-low heat and spread out to a 6-in circle
- Cook until edges are well browned (about 1½ min)
- Flip carefully, spreading crepe flat if it crumples
- Cook an additional 30-60 sec
Yield: 18 crepes
Note: An experienced crepe maker could probably make 6-7 10-in crepes with this recipe, but I can’t get them to flip without tearing. If you are successful in making the larger size, I’d love to hear about it in the comments!